Tuesday, June 17, 2014

New Nexus5

I purchased a new Nexus5 phone from Amazon.  It arrived and when I inserted the simm chip it did not work.  I tried a couple of time setting the APN but it did not work.  Finally I went on like with Straight Talk support and we tried several times to set up the phone.  It did not work.  I was asked if the phone was unlocked and I said I purchased one that was.  I continued trying to setup the APN and some how hit the down volume and on button at the same time, up appears some Android programming stuff that said the phone was not unlocked.
I then went on line to see what it took to unlock the nexus5.  Not a lot, just two software programs.  In fifeen minutes, the phone was unlocked and I was setting up the APN and still the phone did not work.  Finally I said to heck with Straight Talk and installed a T mobile simm chip.  I went on line to do the install and when I put in the serial number, guess what happen.
I was told the phone was stolen, yep, stolen and could not complete the install.  Now I have  new cell phone that I can not use as a phone, it does go on line WiFi and is great, fast, nice screen but now phone.  I contacted Amazon but this was purchased from another company and I have to contact them direct to get this fix.  I guess they will send a new one and I will return this one but in the mean time I do not have a phone and everyone is calling me and it is going to the voice mail.
I have a version phone I can activate on a month by month until I can get this phone fixed.  It does text but with the number keys and it just takes more keystrokes than I am willing to do. But what are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment